DIY Skincare With Essential Oils
Are you tired of spending a fortune on skincare products that promise to give you glowing skin but fail to deliver? Well, you’re in luck because I have a solution for you – DIY skincare with essential oils!
Essential oils have been used for centuries for their therapeutic properties. Now they’re becoming increasingly popular in the skincare industry. These natural plant extracts are full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and antimicrobial properties that can benefit your skin in many ways. So, here are some easy DIY skincare recipes you can try using essential oils at home.
Lavender and Coconut Oil Cleanser
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl and add the lavender essential oil.
- Mix well and transfer the mixture to a glass jar.
- Use this as your daily cleanser by massaging a small amount onto your face and rinsing with warm water.
Why it works:
Coconut oil is a gentle and effective cleanser that removes dirt and makeup without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
The lavender essential oil has antibacterial properties that can help reduce acne breakouts and soothe irritated skin.
You may also read – DIY Skincare Recipes for Every Skin Type.
Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Toner
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel.
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- 2 tablespoons rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a spray bottle.
- Use this as your daily toner by spraying it onto your face after cleansing.
Why it works:
Aloe vera is known for its soothing properties and can help calm irritated skin.
Whereas tea tree essential oil is a natural astringent that can help tighten pores and reduce inflammation.
Frankincense and Jojoba Oil Moisturizer
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil.
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil.
- Mix the jojoba and frankincense essential oil in a bowl and transfer to a glass jar.
- Use this as your daily moisturizer by applying a small amount to your face.
Why it works:
Jojoba oil is a lightweight and non-greasy oil that gets easily absorbed by the skin.
It’s rich in vitamins E and B-complex, which help to protect the skin from environmental stressors and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Also, frankincense essential oil has astringent properties that can help tone and tighten the skin and promote cell regeneration.
Before using DIY skincare products, it’s essential to do a patch test to ensure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Also, store your products in a cool, dry place and use them within a few weeks to prevent bacterial growth.
Incorporating essential oils into your skincare routine can be a natural and effective way to achieve healthy, glowing skin. Not to mention, it’s a fun and affordable way to experiment with different ingredients and customize your skincare products to your specific needs. So go ahead and give it a try – your skin will thank you!